Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup GA Operations Planning Guide
Qatar will host the FIFA 2022 World Cup from Nov. 20 to Dec. 18. This event marks the first time the World Cup has ever been held in an Arab nation. Over 1.2 million foreign nationals are expected to travel to the country for the tournament. FIFA is estimating 110,000 passengers a day at the two primary airports during the tournament.
Qatar Authorities are running an extensive and visible security operation to safeguard the event. Public interest in the competition will be high, and matches will likely be screened in public places, including hotels, throughout the country. Matches are scheduled for the following locations:
- Al Khor: Al Bayt Stadium
- Al Wakrah: Al Janoub Stadium
- Doha: Al Thumama Stadium
- Doha: Education City Stadium
- Doha: Khalifa International Stadium
- Doha: Stadium 974
- Lusail: Lusail Stadium
- Al Rayyan: Ahmad Bin Ali Stadium
Operators need to plan carefully and understand there is no aircraft parking at all in Qatar during the event. Every operation will be a drop-and-go.
Hotels will not be available for crew since all hotel accommodations require a ticket to the games.
All flights entering Qatar for the World Cup will go to either Hamad International OTHH or Doha International OTBD. The airports are less than 15 minutes away from each other.
All scheduled airline flights will board to OTHH. While charter flights will be board to either OTHH or OTBD.
GA/BA flights will be accommodated primarily at OTBD while State and VVIP flights will be accommodated at either airport based on local authorities’ requirements.
Landing permit is required and need four days prior notice.
All GA flights will require slots (except for):
- Priority basis to national football teams.
- All other slots handled on a first come, first served basis
- Types of flights excluded from the local slot restrictions:
- Military flights
- State flights
- Saudi Arabian Royal flights
- Emergency flights
- Humanitarian flights
- Slot cancelations and/or revisions will be accepted and handled up to 24 hours prior to scheduled arrival time in Doha
- Slot revisions on the day of operations will be rejected
Slots will be available to request for booking online, you can find more details on the Qatar slot coordination web page:
Link to the process document:
Link to the local rules document:
You must apply for 1 – Slot booking deposit number and 2 – ground handling confirmation number before applying for slot.
Qatar requires a $5,000 slot deposit for every entry. The deposit will be applied to your landing fees. Operators will also need to have a Ground Handling Clearance Number when applying for slots, proving they have arranged ground handling services with a local provider.
Qatar will impose severe monetary penalties for cancelations within 24 hours of your slot window. Slot revisions on the day of operations will be rejected.
Slot cancellations received on the day of operations and/or non-operation of an approved slot (no show) will be subject to penalties:
- Fine of 100 USD per seat per flight leg for charter passenger flight and loss of the slot booking deposit 5,000 USD
- Fine of 20,000 USD per flight for GA/BA flights and loss of the slot booking deposit 5,000 USD
- Fine of 30,000 USD per flight for charter cargo flight and loss of the slot booking deposit 5,000 USD
Slot misuse penalties:
- 5,000 USD for arrivals of +/- 20 minutes deviation from approved slot, for flights with a flight time of 5 hours or less
- 5,000 USD for arrivals of +/- 35 minutes deviation from approved slot, for flights with a flight time of 5 hours 01 minute or more
- 5,000 USD per flight leg for flights operating with an aircraft type of a higher ICAO category than the one approved
The following exclusions from the penalty apply (for reasons outside of the operator’s control):
- Damage to aircraft during flight or ground operations
- Adverse weather
- Air traffic flow management
- Mandatory security
- Industrial action
Crew and Passenger API:
Arrival crew & passenger API details are mandatory requirement for QCAA for ground handling confirmation. Receiving party contact details are also required, you should provide diplomatic clearance number if you have one.
All the private aircraft operating to Qatar should provide the passenger and crew details (separate excel sheet for Passenger & Crew) by each Airline Operators / Charterers or Trip Planners.
API details to be provided to us at least 8 to 10 hours prior to departure of their aircraft from the origin we will not be responsible for any INAD (inadmissible passenger) and the concerned passenger will be deported on the same aircraft and all the charges pertaining to INAD PAX’s will be charged to the operator or collected from the crew.
Operating crew members are permitted to enter the State of Qatar for a maximum period of 96 hours provided that they are:
- Fully vaccinated with approved vaccine by Ministry of Public Health MOPH, the crew members must present a valid vaccination certificate in Arabic or English
- Valid negative PCR test within 72 hours of arrival
- In case the vaccine is conditionally approved by MOPH, the crew members must present a positive serology antibody test upon arrival.
Unvaccinated crew members are not allowed to enter the country of Qatar.
- Valid for nine (9) months from fourteen (14) days after 2nd dose vaccination of Pfizer, Moderna, Astra Zenica COVID-19 vaccines.
- Valid for twelve (12) months after the booster dose vaccination of Pfizer, Moderna, Astra Zenica COVID-19 vaccines.
- Valid for nine (9) months from (14) days after the 1st dose of Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 vaccine.
- Valid for twelve (12) months from seven (7) days of receiving the booster dose of Jansen COVID-19 vaccine.
Hayya Card is required to attend the matches you can easily apply here: https://hayya.qatar2022.qa
MoonJet team is always ready to help you plan and operate a successful mission, contact us for full-fledged trip support services in Qatar.